Our aspiration is that all staff working in health and care in Cumbria feel supported to develop their potential in their role and, should they desire to progress, be clear about how they can develop into their next role.
As health and care staff continue to face the extreme challenges of both winter and the pandemic, work is being done locally to inform managers of the best ways that they can support their teams.
During the first waves of the pandemic our teams worked brilliantly to support each other, and were often very creative as they faced unprecedented challenges together. As we continue to face new challenges during this difficult time, we are sharing some of the learned experiences from both national and local sources, to help colleagues to provide support to their teams.
The resource is quick and easy to use, and provides guidance around:
- regularly checking on the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of our team members
- how teams can work together creatively to find solutions to problems
- the importance of keeping teams informed and connected
- ensuring we all look after our own wellbeing as well as others
- the local support available for your team’s wellbeing
Dealing with and recovering from Covid-19 is one of five shared priorities for health and care in north Cumbria.
We’re encouraging all teams across health and care services to make use of this incredibly helpful resource as we all continue to face the challenges of winter.