UPDATE, 29 Dec 2020: The Brampton building is now back in use. Thank you for your patience.
A member of staff from Brampton Medical Practice has tested positive for Covid-19. This means that some members of the team now have to self-isolate in line with the current advice and the main practice building will be closed.
This might have an impact on how quickly the practice can respond to calls.
All of the team have been working with the appropriate level of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and following all Covid-safe guidelines in the practice.
- The practice is still able to offer virtual appointments on line or on the phone.
- Patients needing urgent face to face assessment can be seen at the Practice’s Wetheral site - in line with their business continuity plan.
- Patients with Covid symptoms will continue to be seen at the Corby Hill site.
The Practice aren’t expecting any impact on patients other than potential delays in answering the phone, a potential change of site, or it taking longer for a clinician to get back to you.
The Practice is following the advice of Public Health England, and working with local track and trace teams.
Anyone who has symptoms of covid-19 should follow NHS advice:
• new continuous cough
• fever (a temperature of 37.8°C or higher)
• loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
If you develop any of these symptoms, however mild, self-isolate, get a test: https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test
and follow the advice here: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/